It is never too early to start planning your festive spread and with this in mind Milton Hill House’s Executive Chef Andrew Taylor has given us his very own recipe for rum and raisin chocolate truffles.
280g quality dark chocolate (70%)
170g unsalted butter
350 ml double cream
60ml Dark rum
1. Soak the raisins in the rum leave overnight
2. Chop butter into small cubes, grate or chop chocolate into small pieces.
3. Place butter and chocolate in a bowl
4. Bring the double cream to the boil and pour over butter and chocolate.
5. Stir until thoroughly mixed, do not over stir
6. Add the raisins and a pinch of salt
7. Chill the mix
8. Shape into balls and roll in coco powder or dip in melted milk chocolate and serve in petit four papers